Friday, May 1, 2009

Take Time

I was fortunate recently to have a wonderful vacation with my family. We escaped to a tropical paradise for a week, and I was able to completely relax.

Then, something amazing happened. While I was relaxing on the beach watching the sunrise, I was hit with a flood of ideas for a new project we've been working on. There, in the middle of the sand and surf, I found inspiration.

Thankfully, this is not the first time this has happened to me, so I have learned to travel with a pen and my notebook whenever I head out to nature. I came back to work refreshed, and with pages of thoughts and ideas.

As much as I would love to escape like that more frequently, it's not exactly realistic! However, I don't think it was the beach that did it, I think it was the time. Time, doing nothing really, that allowed my brain to run wild. Now THAT I can do right near my home.

I really feel that it's important to allow yourself time to relax and recharge. Go out somewhere for a hike, go for a boat ride, or get up and enjoy the sunrise and the quiet the early morning brings. Allow yourself to just unwind.

You probably won't get amazing thoughts every day. Some days you'll just remember things you may have forgotten to do, and some days you'll just let your mind go. Don't forget the paper and pen though - you'll want to write down any ideas that do come to you before you forget them!

If you can't do this every day, aim for at least once a week. Trust me, you'll love it.

2 comments:

  1. I am really a great fan of your blog!! I love writing way that’s awesome. performanceclass.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.
    cursuri dezvoltare personala

    ReplyDelete